The Department of Obstetrics & Gynaecology has established a Centre for High risk pregnancy. 80% of the patients delivered at KLES Dr. Prabhakar Kore Hospital & MRC belong to high risk group. The department has an Obstetrics Intensive Care Unit which Is well equipped to manage alt complicated cases In the field of obstetrics. The referrals come from Northern part of Karnataka, Southern Maharashtra & Goa.
The department has well established Assisted Reproduction Centre which caters for all types of Infertility patients. The facilities Include Intrauterine Insemination (IUI), In Vltro Fertilization (IVF), Cryopreservatlon, intra Cytoplasmic Sperm Injection (ICSI), Testicular Sperm Extraction (TESE), Micro Surgical Epidydimal Sperm Aspiration (MESA), Percutaneous Epidydimal Sperm Aspiration (PESA). The first twin of the ARC was born on January 5,2002.
The department has also started Genetic Counselling which caters for the couples with bad obstetric history and with a history of birth of babies with congenital anomalies and chromosomal defects who will be Immensely benefited by this section of the department.
Menopausal Clinic has been recently established which will take care of the Menopausal problems of the women hitherto unaddressed & early detection of cancer of the genital organs.
Types of Surgeries
- All major & minor gynaecological surgeries.
- Surgeries for all gynaecological carcinomas.
- Endoscopic surgeries:
- a. Diagnostic - Hysteroscopy
- b. Therapeutic - Hysteroscopic
- Resection of septum
- Surgeries for ectopic pregnancy
- Surgeries for endometriosis
Types of Investigations
- LH, FSH, Prolactin.
- Free Testosterone
- Chromosomal studies
- A first meet of Assisted Reproduction Centre was conducted at KLES Dr. Prabhakar Kore Hospital & MRC on 20th January 2002.
- Conducted Workshop on Ultrasound In Obstetrics & Gynaecology on 23rd & 24th February 2002.
- Conducted CME Programme on Infertility at KLES Dr. Prabhakar Kore Hospital & MRC, Belgaum on 12th May 2001.
- Conducted CME Programme In Obstetrics & Gynaecology at KLES Dr. Prabhakar Kore Hospital & MRC, Belgaum on 18th March 2001.
- Conducted XV Karnataka State Obstetrics & Gynecological Association's Conference at 3.N. Medical College, Belgaum on 29* to 30* September 2001.
- Pre-conference CME Programme was conducted on 28th September 2001.
- Conducted a Workshop on Reproductive Child Health Care at J. N. Medical College, Belgaum on 21st & 22nd October 2000.
- Conducted ICOG - Zonal CME Programme at J. N. Medical College, Belgaum on 7th & 8th March 1998.
- Conducted CME Programme In Perinatology & workshop on Ultrasound In collaboration with the Department of Paediatrics at J. N. Medical College, Belgaum, on 24th &. 25th January 1998.
- Conducted a half day CME Programme In Obstetrics & Gynaecology on 24th March 2002.
List of Consultants & Staff
- Dr.Yeshita V Pujar
- Dr.Bhavana Sherigar
- Dr.Jayashri Ruge
- Dr.Anita Dalal
- Dr.Hema Patil
- Dr.Kamal Patil
- Dr.Pramila Koli
- Dr.Hema Dhumale
- Dr.Sheetal Jawalkar
- Dr.Romana Maldar
- r.Divyakala Karegoudar