Faciomaxillary and Oral Surgery is a recognized specialty of the medical and dental profession, encompassing the surgical and related treatment of diseases, injuries and deformities involving both the functional and esthetic aspects of the mouth, teeth, gums and jaws. An oral and maxillofacial surgeon is a graduate of an accredited dental school who has completed additional post-doctorate training in an accredited, hospital-based oral and maxillofacial surgery residency programme. Our surgeons in addition have had additional training in specialist units in India and abroad. The department also conducts an active postgraduate programme and is a major partner in the KLES-SMILE TRAIN USA cleft surgery project.
- Management of Dentofacial and Craniofacial Trauma - Trauma to the Orbits, Jaws and Teeth is managed by a multidisciplinary team on the basis of ORIF (Open Reduction and Internal Rigid Fixation) or external cranial fixation.
- Management of or facial infections like Ludwigs Angina
- Management of Head and Neck Cancer. Multidisciplinary management involving neck dissection, tumour resection and reconstruction and rehabilitation.
- Management of Cleft Lip Palate and Craniofacial anomalies by a multidisciplinary team approach. Cheiloplasty, veloplasty, alveolar bone grafting and cleft orthognathic and DO (Distraction Osteogenesis) surgery.
- Dentoalveolar Surgery incluiding Odentectomy, Apicectomy.
- Management of Oral Submucous Fibrosis - Medical and Surgical management including resection, reconstruction and rehabilitation.
- Management of Facial Pain and TMJ Dysfunction- Treatment modalities include Thermal Surgery, Shortwave Diathermy, TENS, occlusal splints and medication.
- Salivary Gland Surgery incl. Mucocele & Ranula excision, Parotidectomy, Submandibular Gland excision.
- Biopsy service of the oral cavity and head and neck under Local and General Anesthesia.
- Orthognathic Surgery incl correction of facial deformities like prognathic mandible, facial Asymmetry, gummy smile etc
- Dental Implant Surgery and Preprosthetic Surgery like ridge augmentation, deepening of the sulcus etc
- Surgery of TMJ - Resection of tumours, management of Trismus / Inabilty to open mouth. TMJ Ankylosis -incl resection, reconstruction and correction of secondary facial deformities and rehabiltation
- General Dentistry especially for patients with compromised health status, (egs cardiac, renal, diabetes , psychosis, bleeding disorders) dental phobics and childre