The department of ENT , is located in the spacious area of the OPD Section of KLES Dr. Prabhakar Kore Hospital & MRC, Belgaum- It caters to the needs of ENT out patients consultations, wherein, in addition to the routine out patient work up, there are facilities for audio logical evaluation and minor operative procedures. The temporal bone dissection lab in the OPD, helps the faculty' and residents, to master the art of basic ear surgery. The audio logy clinic functions everyday to detect and treat patients with deafmutism, acquired hearing loss and senile hearing aberration.
The staff and residents are available round the clock to attend to emergencies. The in patients section for all the categories of patients are available depending upon then desire and pocket. The high tech operation theatre is well equipped with. new gadgets like fibreoptic scopies, nasal endoscopes in addition to conventional ENT surgeries including microscopic procedures. The related disciplines like Neuro surgery'. Plastic surgery, Pediatric surgery and radiology helps for collaborative work.
The routine ear, nose and throat operations are being preformed keeping in mind the newer developments and concepts in the specialty.
Rhinoplasty, laryngectomies & Head and neck procedures have helped the patients of this region to avail the facilities at their doorstep. All these operations are being preformed at an affordable cost to the patients. The vertigo clinic is held every week to evaluate the patients with vertigo .The clinic setup includes microscopy, audiometer, calorimetric, brain stem evoked response audiometric and CT-scan. The allergy' tests are done in the allergy" clinic .
Papers Published From the Department
Indian Journal of Otolaryngologists
- Statistical Survey of Tonsil Adenoid Removal:- 18: 4: 127: 1966
- Anterior Nasal Atresia:- 19: 3: 138: 1967
- Milticanntric tumors of oral cavity:- 19:4: 179: 1967
- Cholestratoma of the maxillary Antrum 21: 1: 34: 1968
- Cancer Tonsil l9:2:75: 1967
- Primary Scleroma of the Bronchus in a young boy.
- The site of article was an unusual cages of Stridor - A case Report.
Indian Journal of Dental Surgery
- Nosoalverlar cyst
Journal of the Scientific Society
- Malignant ameloblastoma of maixilla- Vol 5 pages 59-61: 1978
- Trachestomy with comlication-1980
- Cerebral abscess.
Bihar Journal of Otolaryngology
- Myxoma of maxilla - 1981
Journal of Laryngology and Otology
- Extrapharyngeal extension of nasopharyngeal angifibrome-1982
Indian Journal of Medical Research
- Mast cells in nasal smears and Biopsies in Normal controls.
- Mast cells in nasal smears and Biopsies in .allergic Rhinitis and vasomotor rhinitis.
- Balance of disorders
- Hearing loss in diabetes mellitus .
List of Consultants